Friday, 10 August 2012

Gor Mahia now to face off with Ulinzi Stars in Kenya`s top 8 final clash

Gor Mahia now to face off with Ulinzi Stars in Top 8 final clash

By Fred Maingi in Nairobi

Gor Mahia sailed to the finals of the Top 8 annual soccer tournament
after demolishing hapless Tusker FC 3-0 in a thrilling and tension
packed semi final return tie staged before a capacity crowd at the
Nairobi City Stadium.
 Gor Kogalo who were  widely cheered will now face off with defending
Champions Ulinzi Stars in the grand finale .The winner will pocket a
whooping KShs.1 million.
 The match graced by Nairobi Mayor His worship George Aladwa and
Football Kenya Federation (FKF) National Executive members (NEC)
Hussein Terry and Doris Petra among other sports dignitaries was a
mouth watering clash that kept fans on their toes.
Tusker head coach Sammy Omollo was a devastated man after the final
whistle.He will definitely spend the next one week humbled in prayer
hoping the losing jinx that started haunting them from Tanzania
during the regional Cecafa Kagame Cup will not follow them in the
Kenya Premier League(KPL) title chase.
  The sight of dimunitive Uganda import Dan Sserunkuma, Rama Salim,
and Moses Odhiambo send shivers down their Ruaraka opponent’s spines.
    Gor’s danger man Rama Salim opened the goal   galore in the third
minute nodding home a right flank cross from   right back Solomon

   Moses Odhiambo then brilliantly volleyed in a powerful long range
shot leaving Tusker’s   custodian Samuel Odhiambo well beaten. But
the  rampaging Gor  did not  stop  there as  substitute Edwin Lavatsa
who had come in for Rama Salim at the  return from the breather
wrapped up the proceedings,  rounding Tusker’s  skipper Joseph
Shikokoti before blasting into the net.

 Gor Mahia midfielder Moses Odhiambo was named man of the match and
rewarded with a DSTV Drifta after the game. The player was in
impeccable form and scored the second goal with a volley from 40

Gor now sails into the finals with a 4-0 aggregate win having
overpowered Tusker 1-0 in the first leg match. Gor proved way too
strong for the brewers as they outclassed them in nearly all

Tusker’s  real chances  came through centre forward Obadiah  Ndege
but twice his headers sailed above the  bar  while his   rocket shot
in  the  28th minute landed straight into Gor’s  keeper Fredrick
Onyango’s  hands.

 In an earlier league match at the  Nyayo national stadium, AFC
Leopards squandered their chance of opening up  a seven point  lead
after settling to a barren draw with Rangers   fc.

 Referee Richard Obare needed Police escort to leave the pitch.AFC
Leopards fans accused the whistler of biased officiating .He denied
‘Ingwe”what appeared as a clear penalty in the 88th minute that
sparked protest from  aggrieved Leopard fans.

  Leopards fans were heard shouting in unison ‘Oguda must go,Oguda
must go” after  the final whistle.Leopards take on Thika United on
Sunday in a KPL  tie at the Nyayo National Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment