Tuesday 18 September 2012

Assistant Chief denies assaulting a carpenter


By Albert Nyakundi
GATUNDU SOUTH district commissioner Karuku Ngumo has directed area Officer Commanding Police Division ( OCPD) to investigate assault allegations against a carpenter who was assaulted by Kiamwangi location assistant chief.
''I request that you handle the case professionally.''Ngumo told the police boss on phone. Joseph Wanyoro was assaulted by Salome Wamaitha together with a gang that ambushed him in his house on December 14, last year. 
''It was around 10 pm.I was a bit drunk and as I struggled to open my house, Wamaitha and a group of youths stormed into my compound armed with sticks and metal bars, beat me up and broke my right arm.''Said Wanyoro.He reported the matter at the DC's office this year on February 8. The administrator was summoned by the DC on 10th February but did not turn up. 
Asked why it had taken too long to intervene,Ngumo said the complainant did not have witnesses despite having filled a P3 form. ''I have always warned the administrators that the constitution is new and should one take law into his  hands one has to carry his or her own cross.'' Said Ngumo. 
The DC said he did not want anyone to tarnish his name. Wamaitha failed to show up at the Gatundu police station where she was summoned. A police letter dated 6th September 2012 addressed to her read in part,''...Please madam you are hereby summoned to appear before Gatundu police station in crime offices to settle the matter with complainant by the name Joseph Wanyoro.'' Speaking on phone the assistant chief denied she assaulted Wanyoro.''I only went to his house to rescue him from his attackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment