|Former Egypt strongman:Hosni Mubarak|
Jordanian Ministry of Information and Communications Technology requested Google, which owns YouTube, to block access to the anti- Islam film last week, an official at the
ministry told the press."The ministry provided Google with all links that connect internet users in Jordan to the film and Google started Friday blocking access to these links,"
the source said Saturday. The ministry also asked the country's telecom operators and internet service providers to block access to all links that connect users to the film, the
source said.Google has also denied access to the videos in Malaysia, Indonesia, Libya, Egypt and India.
Demonstrations broke out over the past days across the Islamic world in protest of the film, with some turning violent. U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and
three other U.S. officials were killed during one of such demonstrations last week in Libyan eastern city of Benghazi.In Jordan, thousands of demonstrators took to the
streets, burning U.S. flags and calling for expelling the U.S. ambassador to Jordan. (Xinhua)
Meanwhile a forensic team assigned to examine former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's health found that Mubarak is in a stable condition and has never suffered a stroke, Egyptian official Ahram newspaper quoted the team head as saying on Saturday.
The health status of Mubarak is stable and he does not need to be transferred from prison to hospital, said the team head, Ehssan Kamel Gorgy.Gorgy said a report from the
forensic team, which includes professors in cardiology, general surgery and vascular medicine, showed that Mubarak has never suffered a stroke and he just needs to take
medicines for "less serious health conditions." Mubarak's lawyer has submitted a request to move him from Tora prison, where the former president is serving his sentence
for charges of killing protestors, to a military hospital in Cairo's Maadi district due to his "unstable conditions."
Mubarak was sentenced to life imprisonment on June 2 for his involvement in the death of protesters during the anti-government protests in early 2011, which ended his
three-decade rule.His health reportedly deteriorated after the sentence, as doctors said he was suffering from bouts of depression, high blood pressure and shortness of
breath. He reportedly suffered a stroke in mid June and was transferred to the military hospital in Maadi. On July 16, Prosecutor General Abdel-Maguid Mahmoud ordered to
send him back to the jail. (Xinhua)