Monday 22 October 2012

Nothing to celebrate in Kigali City after home team loose

Rwanda capital city Kigali was reduced to a ghost town on Saturday after the  Under 17 National soccer team was bundled out of the 2013 Africa Junior Championship by Botswana 6-5 on post match penalties at Amahoro stadium in Kigali, Rwanda.
  Rwanda returned their away 1-0 loss to Botswana by repeating with a similar margin in Rwanda that forced the  Sudanese referee Adam Ahmed Hassim to order for the dreaded spot kicks to determine the winner.
   Rwanda had to wait until the  90th minute when Midfielder Patrick Sibomana free kick brought chants of joy and celebration at the packed pitch with a rasping free kick that overwhelmed Botswana custodian Keeagile Kgosipula..

But after 90 minutes of play with both sides leveled on an aggregate score, the spine-chilling game was plunged into the spot-kicks, onto which both sets of players employed their vast experience and composure, Botswana emerged the ultimate winning side.

Botswana launched a dangerous deep in the midfielder where Ditsele Lebocame struck two sharp shots but were saved by impressive Kassim Ndayisenga in the stands.

The second half of the game ushered in a much more awakened Rwandan side, which started off by knocking heavily on the door of the Botswana defense.

Coach Richard Tardy’s men showed plenty of determination from the very start of the second half way into the end of the 45 minutes.

Botswana scorers were  Tsapoga Mohametsi, Andrew Makopo, Outlule Wamgtla, Kebue Thato, Ditsele Lebocame and Kgosipula Keeagile while Legopelo Goitseome failed to convert his spot kick.
Latif Bishira, Djihad Bizimana, Patrick Sibomana, Rachid Kalisa and Yves Rwigema scored for Rwanda while Kevin Ishimwe and Ibrahim Nshimiyimana missed.

Botswana will now meet the winner between Sudan and Algeria in a two-legged last round qualifier to decide on who progresses to the final tournament which also serves as a qualifier for the Fifa U-17 World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment