By Fred Maingi
Burundi is the only country that is yet to confirm their participation in the forthcoming 2012 Cecafa senior Challenge Cup that will be held in Uganda.
Cecafa media officer Rodgers Mulindwa said in Kampala that Burundi have not yet communicated but stressed that they are looking for possibilities to replace Burundi. He said either Cameroon, Malawi or Zimbabwe which have shown interest might be picked to replace Burundi..
“So far, he added, eleven countries in the region have confirmed their participation in the tournament. However, Mulindwa said the draw for the 2012 CECAFA Senior Challenge has been moved from Thursday 8 November to Monday 12 November,
He did not give the reasons for the shift but added that the local organising committee is finalising the accommodation arrangements and other logistics.
"The fixtures will be released on 12th November, not 8th as we had earlier arranged", he said.
As the local organising committee in Kampala we have already embarked on a number of issues including accommodation and the rest with our sponsors, the East Africa Breweries. CECAFA is considering replacing Djibouti with one of the three other countries that have expressed interest in playing (in the tournament).
The tournament is scheduled to kick off on Saturday 24 November and run until Saturday 8 December.